State of Real Estate, Bangalore !
Finally, have booked a flat in an apartment on Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. It took me almost 1 year. Anyway, Better Late Than Never
Now coming to the real story.
Actually I started this quest, around a year back. That time, with me was my friend Ravi (a.k.a Deal !). We had investigated many apartments, land and so called ready-to-occupy houses in and around Bangalore South. Infact, most of the time we were roaming on the Uttarahalli Road. In the due course, we came across many real estate agents. At that time (i.e. one year back), I thought they were unnecessarily demanding too much and also was not so serious about buying. Some how, I was hoping to strike a good deal , but we couldn’t.
Then, I put a PAUSE , and went to Shanghai for around 6 months!
After 6 months . . .OMG, the state is even worse ! ! ! !
Now, with me was my friend-cum-architect Prasad, gave company in my second half of so called an “Apartment Hunt”
This time, I was serious, and have decided to buy one apartment, not just in South Bangalore but even in other parts. We observed one thing, the people and real estate agents keep telling the rates as if it is very sad and will try to give so many excuses(!) for the higher rates!
You might have heard something like these if you ever tried -
- Sir, because of some xyz road which is coming near, the rates are increased!
- because of a Food world or a shopping complex coming near by the rates have been increased!
- because the bus stop is near by!
- because of xyz apartment near by!
- because this area is residential and is very calm!
- because in the next 6 months or so, this area will get Cauvery water
- because of there is no traffic (means to say, even though the area is in the city limit there is not much traffic)
- because, lot of traffic (wait, that means to say, even though it’s outskirts, it will be crowded)
Eventually, one has to accept what they are telling, because even they also know, if the rates are with in the budget and if the person likes it, he will anyhow buy !
Ahaa, it’s “Namma Bangalore”, and there are people who will sure ready to buy with those rates, and even builders/sellers are ready to wait and watch.
Recently, I somehow got the information regarding this apartment . Myself and Prasad went to see. Me and my family, we liked it.
All ‘n’ all, a nice Hunt!
May be Kary might add his Expert Opinion on this, since he also bought a flat some months back!
Do share your experience !
No related posts.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, February 9th, 2006 at 9:22 pm and is filed under fun, General, Week end update.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.